Mad dash to Chengdu
Just when you thought I was set. I headed off to the Pudong airport for my flight to chengdu. As I checked in at the China Eastern airlines gate and handed my paper tickets over to them they told me this flight had been cancled. Mind you I only have about 1 hour now before that flight was supposed to leave. so I ask for the next available flight and they tell me 1:15 or 4pm. Like the fool that I am who loves pressure I of course choose 1:15pm and the current time is 12:40pm. Off I fly through security as I hear over the intercom, flight 4530 to Chengdu is now ready for boarding, oh my is that my flight already. Finally get through security and run downstairs to gate 54 with only 2 minutes to spare as they close the doors behind me. Wheew made it by the skin of my theeth. Now I board a bus which takes all of us packed like sardines to the runway where the plane is waiting. I get all settled in, having all 3 seats to myself (yeah!) only to hear a big AHHH from everyone in the plan as the lady over the intercom is speaking in chinese. Well I think to my self that can't be good, sure enough the english translation is, we are delayed 30 min due to air traffic control problems. Dang all that sweat and running for nothing. Well in the end it all worked out and I made it to chengdu.

<< Home